Thursday, October 9, 2008

We Heart Families and Friends!

This has been a bit of a whirlwind week. Those who know me know that "whirlwinds" are not my thing, but it's actually been a good time! Mae, Nate and family came into town for a short bit. Mae and Nate were on their way to Nebraska, and so their kids stayed with Grandma Woods while they were gone (technically, Nate is still gone). That means a lot of fun for Munchkin. She LOVES these kids more than anyone. In fact, the other day she said she wished Aunt Mae could be her mom so that she could see Rylan more.....I tried not to take it personally :-)

We've also been blessed with so many generous friends and neighbors! We were given clothes for the kids from 4 different families this week! We also were given the chance to purchase an entertainment center from a neighbor for a fantastic deal. We're so flippin lucky!

Anywho, we've had a lot of fun things going on this week:

-Making and decorating sugar cookies at Grandma's house (The kids, not me)


-Teaching Junior Achievement in Munchkin's kindergarten class (the kids all love me now, I feel so cool:-))

-Having fashion shows and trying on all the new clothes and costumes we've received (I know, I'm a horrible mom dressing Buddy Boy up like that. At least I didn't put on the wig I'd been considering.)






-Feeding breakfast to all the elementary kids with other volunteers for "Walk to School Day"

-Taking leftover apples home from the breakfast and making syrup and applesauce before they could go bad.


-Making homemade tootsie rolls and Buddy Boy enjoying them and leaving the proof wherever he could.



-Taking Buddy Boy to get his hearing tested (which didn't work out too well. They couldn't even finish the test cause he was such a wreck! lol)

-Going to the park 2 times for playdates with cousins and friends.

-Going to the library to watch Zoomania present fun, FUN animals!

9 comments:

Emily said...

those cookies look sooooo yummy!

Stephen Elison said...

my favorite costume is the muscle one!

Reed and Rochelle said...

Evelyn you are such a awesome young lady and mother. You continue to impress me. I love you tons!

Reed and Rochelle said...

Evelyn you are such a awesome young lady and mother. You continue to impress me. I love you tons!

Ang said...

Sounds like such a fun week. I know what you mean about whirlwinds though....I don't like my head spinning either! I love the costumes (especially Parker's "pretty" one!) and the cookies. Fall is so fun!

mae said...

Boy that makes me tired just reading it! Your kids are lucky to have you! I still think its so awesome that you canned so much stuff!

zeebee said...

I can't believe all of the canning you have done! You are the canning queen! Your food storage sounds awesome, new shelves and all, I am jealous. I love the muscle costume and Jasmine loves the butterfly on Parker!

Carissa J said...

Those cookies look delicious! Yum! And the costumes are so cute. So many decisions.

Rachael said...

Sounds like things are going well for you guys!! We love ya and hope you see you guys soon!!!