Unfortunately, it was cold...way too cold to do any lakes or beaches. But we had a fantastic visit with Grandpa (I know no one knows this one...what did the acorn say to it's mom when it grew up?). Munchkin, Buddy Boy and Dad explored around the farm, climbed into the tractor, played on the swing, etc while I visited. We picked a bunch of "bush" cherries to take home and make jam with. I think I want to grow bush cherries, if only I knew what they really were!
After visiting Grandpa, we went to a playground we'd seen in Paris. It was playground deluxe, and the kids had a blast! By this time it was getting pretty cold, so we decided to head home.

On the way home, we had the fun adventure of the car we were BORROWING breaking down in the canyon! I flagged someone down and we called a tow truck, and we got towed back to Logan where we were then stuck. So we decided to make it a full-blown vacation and stay in a hotel! The kids loved it, and certainly didn't complain! We ate squeaky cheese, jerky and bread for dinner and took advantage of the cable ha!

Anyway, Sunday morning Granny came up and got us and brought us home. I went back up this last Saturday to pick up the car, and bought a bunch of fresh peaches, corn and raspberries from the fruit stands in Willard. Such good stuff! And I went to Cox honey and got 4 pints of honey (SOOO good!) which Buddy Boy decided to steal and spill today:-) Lucky for him, he only spilled about 2/3 of one pint. Didn't know the kid could reach the counters already....
(Answer to the above question for those holding your breath: He said "Gee, I'm a Tree! (Geometry))
4 comments:
I'm so glad that everything turned out alright! What a vacation!!
Now I am hungry. Thanks.
Did you forget you have tonsssssss of family in Logan that you could have called to help you out that would have loved to help you out!!!! I am glad that you had fun and that things turned out great:)
ha ha, I kept telling Clay we had family we could stay with if need be, but he thought it would be less stressful on everyone if we just stayed in a hotel. We didn't have a cell phone or anyone's #'s anyway. Stubborn guy!
Post a Comment