Monday, January 16, 2012

2011 Cox Family Quotes



Some of my favorite quotes from our family last year:


Buddy Boy:  "Mom, can I have milk?"  
Mom: No 
BB: Can I have juice? 
Mom: No 
BB: Can I have water?
 Mom: No 
BB: Can I have slime?


"You know, life is hectic, stressful, and certainly not easy.  Yet when I look at my children, really REALLY look at them, I feel such a love and peace, and how can I complain? When I see my sweet smiling kids, EVERYTHING is right in the world." - Evelyn


"Maybe I won't have as much stress at school if I can be surprised and come home to a clean house." - Munchkin


"(singing)  In the name a blow, what more in the name a blow?" - Buddy Boy


"There may not be a cure for Autism yet, but love is kind of a cure, and it's the best kind of cure we can give!" - Munchkin


"I'm SO thankful for steroids!"  - Evelyn


Changing Buddy Boy's diaper Mom said "Okay, let's check your bottom."  Buddy Boy looked down and replied, "Yes Mom, my bottoms are still there!"


Munchkin's friend (during their playdate):  "Your mom is so cool!"
Munchkin:  "Yeah she is, but sometimes she swears."


"So Mom, how are you enjoying your Malibut?" - Munchkin


 
In July we drove by a Texas Roadhouse.  Munchkin mentioned that she'd gotten a coupon from school for a place like that...but couldn't remember the name of the place.  I gave her some ideas:  "Spaghetti Factory?  Outback Steakhouse?"  She replied, "No, it was, um, let me think.  It was Obama-Rama, that's right!"

 
Getting out Christmas decor,and Buddy Boy sees a plate that says, "Dear Santa, Here is a treat for you and carrots for your reindeer." The first "for" is missing the O and R. So he sounds it out and reads " Dear Santa, here is a treat. F You and carrots for your reindeer."

Also, Munchkin put on Christmas music and the song "Noel" came on. She listened for awhile, then came to me in clear distress and upset. "Mom, you know that Noel song? I don't think we should listen to it anymore. You know, cause of how it says 'Born is the kingdom of h**l'" I explained it's "born is the king of Israel", EL, not with an H.:-)


"You don't have a fever.  Oh no!!  What if you're getting the weasles??" - Munchkin





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty funny... kids say the funniest things. Good read for me, thanks.

Natalia said...

Awesome!! =D

Blessed Rain said...

Funny! Love the Christmas quotes! You have to love kids - and yes HOT pan for eggs.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl heat the pan (does not have to be burning hot but at least a medium high heat for a few minutes) add eggs - IMMEDIATELY move eggs around!
even if making an omelet - pull the sides in toward the center and allow the middle to leak out reforming the edges - seriously much better!