Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bell's Canyon hike 5/7, 5/13, 6/2

Yep, we've done this hike three times so far this year.  It's a favorite.  The first time I went with my kids and a friend, the one who introduced us to this hike.  Six days later I took the kids with me for Mother's Day.  We didn't want to leave Clay out, so we brought him along with us the 3rd time.  The hike is 0.8 miles one way (I know, we mapped it on our phones while walking), at least the trail we took.  There is another trail that is supposed to be 1/2 mile, but I've heard it's steeper.  The trailhead we took is on 9400 south just east of Wasatch Blvd, just before you enter the mouth of the canyon.  There is a parking lot maybe a block past Wasatch Blvd on the right side of the road.



Above:  View from about halfway up the trail.  Left:  Part of the view from the reservoir.
















Gorgeous hike...a little longer than the others we've gone on, but oh, so worth it!!  One of our faves....except when Clay tries sitting on rattlesnakes.  I'm still not over that. :-)

No comments: