These kids...man, they're crazy. They make me crazy. They make me insane. They're cute and sweet, too. So I still love them. :-)
Seriously though, they've been home from school for fall break and they're nuts! A sampling of the last two days:
- Munchkin was playing Mario Cart Wii this morning, a game that Buddy Boy is scared of (yes, scared).
Buddy Boy - "No, no, please don't die!!"
Munchkin- "CALM DOWN Buddy Boy, I'm a professional!"
Seconds later Munchkin says, "Oh, dang it!!" and Buddy Boy runs off screaming at the top of his lungs cause he's so scared and upset that Munchkin crashed.
- Yesterday Buddy decided to wear his Halloween "monster" costume for part of the day. Begged me for it, and then wanted to watch Monsters, Inc while wearing it. What a cute idea, right? Well, halfway through when Mike and Sully were banished, he started sobbing, yelling, and hitting things (not people, so that's something). I asked him what in the world was wrong, and he said "I'm SCARED!!!" I replied, "Scared of what?" His response: "Mom, don't please shut the closet and shut me in the closet and banish me in the snow forever!" Took me TWENTY minutes to calm the kid down and convince him that he's not really a monster, and I would never banish him.
- Today as I was coming into the kitchen to make lunch, Munchkin (who had been sitting at the table painting a sunset over an ocean) said to me, "Mom, I'm so sorry. I've been daydreaming and imagining what it would be like to have a sister. I want one so badly, I'm just desperate." (HUGE SAD SIGH) "I sure wish you could have more kids. In my dreams my sister, Shiloh is my identical twin, and we have an older brother, Jonathan and he's 12. He's the best big brother ever, and whenever Buddy wants to play him him, he gets to." Munchkin is nearly in tears at this point, so of course Buddy not to ever be out-drama'd, pipes in "I LOVE MY JONATHAN!!! He's the best brother I never seen!"
- We received a canvas print in the mail today and because Buddy was hanging over Munchkin s shoulder driving her crazy, I called him over to help open it. It's a picture of our family. He loves it, but started pretending it was a trampoline for his fingers. I told him no more "jumping" on it or I'd take it away. He ran from me, hugged the picture close and cried, "No, NO, don't take away my family!!" He then proceeded to kiss the dang thing and rub his runny nose on it, so he lost his family really quick.
Buddy showed me his displeasure by hanging himself upside down from my bed. I asked him why he was upside down, and he told me it's because he's so mad at me for taking away his family. Boy, he sure showed me.:-)
Of course, I guess I love them too. We had our moments of cuddles, hugs, playing calmly together, reading, singing, all that good stuff. So it's all good. :-)

1 comment:
LOL!! WOW! Talk about crazy, but extremely entertaining! ;)
Post a Comment