We had ourselves a mini vacation a couple of weeks ago. It was Clay's Christmas present. Ironically, we left on his birthday, so it was kind of a double dose gift! We camped in Goblin Valley on a Sunday, and went to Canyonlands National Park Monday "on our way" to Moab. Tuesday was spent at Arches National Park and Wednesday we did a little Arches and then headed home.
It was an interesting trip. There was a heat wave in Southeastern Utah at the time, and that made it uncomfortable for the kids, but by Tuesday we were experiencing some nice breezes. At some point on the trip I got a gluten contamination and spent Wednesday in the car unable to stand or even sit up. Other than that, the trip was fun. As usual, we took a lot of pictures:
The above pictures were Goblin Valley. The night was clear and it was beautiful to see the stars. It was SO HOT though...we didn't get much sleep at all, which was okay since it gave me a chance to watch the sunrise.
A little bit of Canyonlands. We didn't explore here as much as Clay would have liked. It was hot and the poor kids (Buddy Boy especially) were miserable.
We didn't get as many pictures as Arches, especially once I got sick. There's a few of them though!










4 comments:
I love the way you have written about your kids. Great snaps and thankyou for dropping by my blog.
xox
Man, those pics make it LOOK as hot as it sounds. I wouldn't have gotten out of the car, haha...I'm such a baby in the heat. Especially nowadays! Sorry about the gluten contamination--ugh!
Looks like a great vacation.
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com
Not sure if this is your current blog, couldn't find a link to another one.
but thanks for stopping by mine yesterday.
That looks like a really cool place to visit. I'd love to go there :)
Post a Comment