I'm singing Oh Happy Day over here, and hoping and praying that it'll be an Oh Happy May. What a great start to the month!
The day actually started off on a rough note. Yesterday, April 30, was a no good, bad, rotten day for me. Painful and frustrating, and ugh, I was glad to see it end. I woke up early this morning after having a dream that Buddy Boy had gone missing from his school and was found in a field. To then find an email from my mom sharing the very real news that a local young man with a mild form of autism had gone missing was shocking and sad.
When these kinds of things happen, I want SO badly to do something. To help somehow. However, I have a job, and I have kids and well, responsibilities, and I'm never able to go and volunteer. I made the choice to put this situation in the priority seat however, and went up to help search. I'm SO glad I did.
Shortly after 10 am, he was found! What a great thing to hear!
The day continued on, warm and sunny. People, I WASN'T COLD for more than an hour the ENTIRE DAY! It's been over 6 months ago since I could claim that. It is a big deal. (of course, I'm cold now, but hey, it's bedtime, it doesn't count.)
While Munchkin was at gymnastics (which we were ON TIME to for the first time in forever - name the song), Buddy Boy and I decided to explore a section of the Jordan River walkway that we hadn't before. It was a blast! He was so agreeable and sweet and cute. He found a tree and asked me to take a picture of him swinging in it:
After getting back, we had a simple meal of leftovers and guess what? Not one complaint. NOT ONE! Kids both ate their dinners and Munchkin went in her room to do her homework. I didn't even have to remind her. I know, twilight zone, right? In a very, very good way.
In the midst of all this, I was receiving news of very dear friends on my ItWorks team receiving promotions, some for the first time! I received my first promotion last month, and it is a big deal! I can't express how excited I am for everyone, including myself. We're changing lives, people! New sales, new customers - check. Great business start to the month.
To top off the day, my kiddos worked out with me and helped me as they showed me their moves for workouts. Then we went outside and cut some lilacs off the bushes and they are now sitting on my dresser and my room smells a little like Heaven.
Another fun photo...Buddy was drawing a hot dog on his ipad, and then decided to draw someone holding it, but alas, the hot dog was already so big and front and center...so he improvised:
Sigh...this was a good day. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment