Sunday, October 21, 2007

Strides...

So, we've had a few people ask us why Buddy Boy had an MRI...it's because he's not developing in ways that the doctor thinks he should be. HOWEVER, the neurologist at Primary's said that she doesn't think he's THAT far behind, and that she personally would never had ordered an MRI. In a way, it's frustrating that we weren't told that before, but it's also a HUGE relief! We were also told that his MRI came back 100% clean, so hooray for that!

So anywho, Buddy Boy isn't sitting or crawling or anything of the sort, although his cognitive and fine motor skills are fine. Enter, today!!!!

Okay, so he didn't sit up, and he didn't crawl. What he DID do, however, was wonderful. He pushed himself up into a crawling position, and that's closer than he's ever come! We of course, clapped and cheered like he's done a somersault or something, and so what did he do? Repeat the same action for us again! We're so proud of him.

It's been hard in a lot of ways to worry about him and his developing. To wonder if he'll be behind his whole life, to wonder if something's wrong, etc. It's NOT been hard, however, to baby this boy, to hold him and cuddle with him cause he can't quite do some things yet. Being unable to have more children really makes me appreciate the things he IS doing, and helps me to enjoy the extended period of innocence I've been blessed to have with him. I'm SO lucky to have him in my life, and he's absolutely perfect, no matter what any doctor says. He's my little angel, the child I didn't know if I'd be able to have, and there is nothing better.

So...thank you so much to all who kept us in their prayers! Buddy Boy is doing well, and is really starting to make some strides. As for Dad and Munchkin, all is well on that front too. Thanks so much for all of the concern!

6 comments:

nM said...

Glad to hear everything checked out. I also wanted to post how much I enjoyed your quote by Victor Hugo on the Monthly affirmations.

Jennie said...

I am sorry you had to go through all of that. I know doctors need to be sure they don't miss anything, but giving parents a heart attack in the meantime is awful. I am glad everything is okay.

RaeLynn said...

I'm so glad the MRI looked good! Each little progression they make really is a little miracle. I love how you are grateful for the small things!

kam said...

Glad to hear the good news you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Ev--Thanks for keeping us updated. It's certainly hard for us parents to consider the "What if's"--but thankfully we have the knowledge that a loving Father watches over us. ;)

zeebee said...

What a good perspective that you have, so true. I know when Shay didn't walk until he ws 17 months, I worried so much only to realize that he would catch up so quickly and my "tiny infant" had grown up too fast.