Saturday, October 13, 2007

All I Want For Christmas...


Well, I took this cute picture of Buddy Boy and planned on posting a cute little blurb with a silly little list of things I want for Christmas this year (like a blender that I can't break...seriously, I've gone through like 5 of them...I just can't seem to use them right).


















This week, however, made me rethink my "list". Dad and Munchkin went to Disneyland and from the looks and sounds of it, had a great time!

 


















In the meantime, Buddy Boy was missing his dad and sister something fierce, as was I. We were lonely and bored, and I was pretty pathetic, honestly. On Wednesday, Buddy Boy had an appointment at Primary Children's hospital for an MRI. It was much more traumatic than it should have been. Buddy had to be sedated, so they were going to give him an IV. The nurses had to stick him FIVE (yes, 5) times to get a vein, and I had to be the one forcing him to lay still. I felt so bad. Afterwards in the recovery room, he was completely zonked, and I just held him, stroked his hands, hairs, and face and sang Primary and other church songs to him. It was one of those precious moments that I will never forget. He laid in my arms so peaceful and still for about 2 hours. I didn't take any pictures; I was a tad bit distracted:-)

That evening, Dad decided to leave California a day early and to start home right away. They planned on being home around 5:30 in the morning. At 3:00 in the morning in Fillmore, a deer decided to jump onto the freeway in front of the car and see what would happen. Dad and Munchkin were not hurt at all, thank goodness, but the car wasn't so lucky. I drove down to pick them up and they slept peacefully for some of the day. Home safe at last.

So...with all that's happened this week, I have to say that my perspective has changed a bit. I decided I only want 3 things for Christmas this year:



-Dad,


-Munchkin, and


-Buddy Boy

6 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Awww Ev, you're going to make me cry. Thanks for reminding me what's truly important. (We just got home from Costco and wanted to buy the entire Christmas section). I agree though--Family is the best!

Anonymous said...

Evelyn, that was truly a wonderful post. I'm so grateful to hear Clay and Akaila are OK. Is Parker OK? Did they find out anything from his MRI? We'll certainly keep you in our prayers...

kam said...

That was great Evelyn! Very well put. I am glad your family is safe and sound! I hope everything is ok with Parker. Keep us posted. You will also be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I am glad to hear that Clay and Kaila are alright. Let us know if we can help with anything. It amazes me how much damage a deer can cause!

nM said...

Glad everyone is safe and sound.

zeebee said...

what a sweet post, it made me cry! how truthful, what could be more important than family? you guys are in my prayers.