
This last week has not been a bad one for just us...I heard from a friend who miscarried. We had a neighbor fall who was seriously injured. We are certainly not the only ones experiencing trial.
These things, and others, have helped us to have a proper perspective. Our family is here together, we are all safe and generally healthy.
At first, we all reacted to Buddy Boy's news differently, and it was frustrating. We now are working together to formulate plans and to do what needs to be done. We are already seeing decreased levels of anxiety in Buddy Boy. At first, we felt that this was too big a burden to bear, that we weren't up to the task. We now KNOW that this is our opportunity for greatness. Who doesn't experience the refiner's fire? This is a blessing for us to become stronger and to become a closer family. No diamond comes into existence without enduring extreme pressure.
This is our time to experience a bit of the refiners fire, and mark my words, we will come through it as precious jewels, ready to share the light of Christ with others through our experiences. Buddy is so young, an almost complete reversal is absolutely possible. If not, we will be comforted in knowing that we were given stewardship over one of the Father's most precious children, and we will do whatever we can to be worthy of that stewardship.
Thank you all for the support and kind words. We will keep everyone updated, but in the meantime, we're going to stop mourning and start living life!!
10 comments:
You know when you see a post with that heading what it's going to say! It sounds like you're doing a lot better job holding up than I would be. Then again... stressing over it wouldn't change anything, would it? You're in our prayers!
BTW, your family is beautiful!
Amen and Amen. I have to admit though--I'm not being as good of a sport about the refiners fire, as you are. I am pretty sick of all my trials right now! I love this picture of your family Eve. It's seriously so cute of all of you.
I can't imagine, as a mother, how you must feel. It sounds like you have done a great job keeping it together! I love this entry and am grateful you shared your insights and wisdom! Good luck with everything- keep us posted. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!
Oh Kambree, it only SOUNDS like I've kept it together. I've had a couple of meltdowns and they weren't pretty. I am at the point now where I realize I don't have time for meltdowns anymore, and they aren't helping Parker any:-)
What a great looking family. Great post!
I really like this picture of your family! You're so cute! And I echo Rae's comment, I wish I could be as good of a sport as you are!
Your family is so cute. I am sorry for the stress you are under. I understand kind of. My first was born cleft palate and lip. We have had a few surgeries and have more to go. My newborn might have surgery too. I had a hard time and realized that I have something to learn. Altho, I wish I didn't have too. It stinks :)
I love this post and I love that picture! I appreciate your words. It does seem like many of the Lord's children are having to suffer terrible trials right now. It is a great chance to support each other and feel the support from loved ones. Your little Parker is so special and you are strong enough to deal with this. You are both amazing parents! You are the perfect people to handle a trial like this! I know that doesn't make it easier, but you will find ways to deal with it that others couldn't.
Evelyn I love you family picture and I am very proud to be your Aunt right now. Love you Shelly
Yes we all have are seperate trials. You have such strengh, We should be trying to have. Thank you for all that you and your family brings to our lives. You guys are great examples. Thanks!!!
Post a Comment