Friday, February 20, 2009

So Crafty!

We've been on a "reuse, recycle" kick lately. Munchkin has made a lot of efforts to remind us to turn the lights off to save energy, and to reuse the stuff we've stopped using to keep from filling the landfills. For Mom and Dad, it's been great to do stuff that's not expensive. It's been good for us as we've tried to keep spring fever and that winter cooped up feeling at bay. Anyway, here are a few of our attempts at creativity the last two weeks:

Dad's Valentine's Day gift from Mom, Munchkin and Buddy Boy (we'll be saving all our change in it):


Munchkin made great use of the glitter and paints Grandma gave us! Thanks so much Grandma, we love it!



Munchkin and Dad being pirates with scarves and leftover plastic pieces from toy packaging and old wrapping paper tubing:


We traced Munchkin and drew her outfit on some old butcher paper we had (I don't even know where we got it from!):


Peanut butter bars made from food storage items pinto beans and rolled oats. Yes, they are good. Picky Buddy Boy even eats them! And milk free, bonus!:


We took the "tiki" out of the basement room, and Dad used scrap wood pieces to build a frame. Now to sheetrock, mud, paint, all that jazz:

5 comments:

nM said...

(Gasp!) No more Tiki room? My sadness knows no boundaries. Goodbye my friend.

****
That is some pig. (Quick Akaila name that book or movie)

This is Us! said...

Charlotte's web, charlotte's web!!!

From, Akaila

FAB SIX said...

I think I need the recipe for those peanut butter bars

Reed and Rochelle said...

It looks like Clay is really into the pirates game. Way to go Clay!

mae said...

Yes, I NEED the peanut butter bars recipe too! I am impressed by your creativity!