Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sensory Integration

We've been blessed with fantastic resources and ideas to help Buddy Boy with his Sensory Integration Therapy. For those who don't know what that is all about...Buddy Boy basically has a lot of sensory issues. His vestibular and proprioceptive senses (balance and sense of where his body is in relation to the world around him) are out of whack, and his oral, visual and tactile (touch) senses are understimulated, meaning that he needs more stimulation provided. His hearing sense is overstimulated, meaning that he is extremely sensitive to sound.

Anyway, below are two videos of us doing some sensory integration therapy. What fun, huh! As you can see, Munchkin is enjoying this as much as Buddy Boy.



9 comments:

Reed and Rochelle said...

Thank Heaven for neighbors how are angels. It looks so fun I'd like to come and play!

Ang said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I bet Evelyn and Clay took some turns too! Interesting that kids can learn so much from playing - I think we all can!

mae said...

I want to wear a Halloween costume and jump on the trampoline too!

I'm glad you guys have been given some direction so you can help Parker progress! That is great!

Victoria said...

That is really cool of your neighbor. It is great seeing Parker do so well at jumping on the little trampoline. I am so glad that you are finding therapy methods and applying them. How creative you are!!!

This is Us! said...

Yes, you are right, I am really enjoying the trampoline as well:-)

Carissa J said...

That's great that you are being so proactive! Looks like tons of fun!

AngiDe said...

Thanks for coming by and entering the giveaway! Be sure to check back on Feb 28 th see who wins and to enter our next giveaway!
Good luck!

Is this Evelyn (Woods)??

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Shauna said...

AWESOME! Hope you have a great weekend!

AngiDe said...

Hey Evelyn! Thanks for coming by my "other" blog! It will be great to follow up on your and your adorable family! And I appreciate your support with my Nana's Box! I love doing it!

XO