
I've been feeling down lately. I've had some strange side effects with the medications I'm on, and they've caused some extra health problems, and so I've had to stop taking them, which has been causing the original problems to resurface, etc etc. Buddy Boy has had a hard couple of days. He really wants to eat baby food but we won't give it to him (he's WAY too old) and so he's not eating much at all. Munchkin has really learned how to argue well this week, and I don't know where the attitude has been coming from. So it's been "one of those weeks" I guess. And today was the final straw. I got a parking ticket because our car is registered, but Dad forgot to put the updated sticker on it. Argh!!!! So I've been crying all day, ticked off, etc.
I'm SO far behind on my health homework, it's not even funny. I had two assignments and one quiz due today, and had no idea how I was going to get them done with SEP conferences and everything else going on. Our computer screen keeps turning this sickly shade of yellow, and it gives me horrible headaches, making it very difficult for me to concentrate on the math class I'm taking, and I've been struggling this week to make sense of all the numbers for some reason. I was able to get the assignments done, but I swear my brain is now officially mush. So there's the empty mind part. Enter the full heart:

Yesterday evening our wonderful friends the Manuel's gave us a beautiful, heartfelt, selfless, HUGE gift. They had received vouchers for Disney on Ice this weekend and decided that instead of going themselves, they wanted us to go. I cry every time I think about it, so I can't go into too much detail lol. This is only a week after the very same family provided my aunt with a Jet Blue buddy pass so that she could afford to fly out to Virginia to help my cousin who is in the process of adopting. Could I ever ask for better neighbors, friends, family? No I can't. And YET, I was blessed AGAIN today.

My long lost brother who has a baby boy (my nephew!)(a half brother I've heard about and known about but never met) found me on facebook. We just spent the last 75 minutes talking and talking. I'm so broken hearted for him, because he really knows nothing about my dad's family. He was the result of an affair between my dad and his mom, and so he never had the contact I had with my dad. He was asking me what my dad was like when I was a child, and he kept calling me BIG SISTER...he said it felt so good to have a family to get to know! He didn't even know the story of our grandparents or how old our father is, or anything. It was wonderful being able to share what information I know with him, and my heart is so full after our conversation. I copied the instant messages and pasted them in word so I'll have it always. Okay, so the point of this huge long blog: Thank the Lord for what you have. Times get tough, brains can be overworked. Our spirits can be overworked. But there are blessings waiting around every corner, if we are but willing to see them. With great trial comes great blessings. Also, family is IMPORTANT. Don't let old grudges, old fights, old issues get in the way of being the best you can be to each and every one of your family members. After all, aren't we ALL family? We are ALL God's children, after all. EVERYONE, no matter how mean, how bitter, how cold, how strange, has their story. And everyone has a valid story. Get to know one another and their stories before making assumptions. The world is full of beautiful, amazing people, but we are all so busy in our personal lives that we forget to see that beauty around us. We truly are all in this together, and I plan on taking advantage of that and paying forward every blessing we've received. As I've said before, WE MUST NOT ALLOW OUR DISCOURAGEMENT TO OUTWEIGH OUR FAITH.
So I will continue to be brain dead until I get this medication issue fixed. But my heart is going to continue to be filled, and I'd rather be brain dead and heart filled than the other way around.
Mom
9 comments:
oh wow evelyn, i am sorry you have had a crazy mind boggeling week. if i can help in anyway please let me know.
i am glad you were able to go to disney on ice. we took the kids one year and they had a lot of fun.
family and a full heart is most important!
take care and again if you need anything please call...promise :)
What a wonderful story. I think as a mom we all feel at the end of a rope often. What a good way to look at things. I bet that was the best thing ever, to have your brothers child find you. That is so great to be able to have your half-brother and his famliy in your life!! Disney on Ice sounds like a well need break. You are lucky women to have so many wonderful people in your life that care for you and your families well being..
call us if you need anything. We moved I bet we live pretty close now!!
thanks for that post. You are truely an amazing mom/person. I am lucky to be able to call you family!!!
I wish I lived near you. I think we would be good friends. We both had crazy weeks and we still try to find the silver lining. You are right. We do need to keep faith. I hope next week is better.
I love this. great post eve. i'm so glad you got to meet up with your half brother! just from that picture, you can totally tell you are related! i can understand the medication thing, i promise! if you need to vent to anyone, email or call me! i hope you get feeling better soon. love ya!
Oh Evelyn my heart aches for what you are going through now but you will come out a better person. Good luck on the medication issue
I LOVE your blog Evelyn! Not because of the hard trials you face...but your amazing outlook and inspiring words. You are a friend I look up to a great deal!
beautiful words evelyn, and that is amazing about your half brother. I had no idea you had a half brother. What a wonderful experience to get to know him and help him get to know his family. Thank you for this post!!!
Evelyn, I don't know how but this is the first time that this post has pulled up when I have visited your blog. So this is what you were talking about the last time we talked. I hope things are going better. That is soooo amazing about your brother! What a great blessing you will be in each other's lives. I am so happy that we live close to each other, it is so great to have people to lean on in time of need. So please lean on us! You know our family loves yours!
Post a Comment