


I admit it...my family, we are a bunch of tree huggers...literally:-). I love the whole "green living" movement that has swept the nation, and I have a lot of fun trying to figure out how to reduce my carbon print on our planet. I admit I haven't spent as much time this year trying to find new ways, but I have improved on some of the ways we were already trying:
- Reuseable grocery bags - We bought a bunch of these last Earth Day, but I didn't use them regularly. I didn't really get into the habit. Now, we're in the habit, and the bags have paid for themselves since I get a $0.05 discount for each bag used. (I always have to remind the checkers to give me the discount, and they're not usually nice about it, but I want my 5 cents, dang it!)
- Driving less - We've done this, but it's been more out of necessity than choice. Thank goodness for necessity! It's been good, I've lost a few lbs and gotten more fresh air, right?
-Gardening - We're expanding our garden this year, although not to save the environment as much as to save MONEY! I'm super excited with my new canning supplies!
4 comments:
Eve, I love the picture of you and your daughter. So cute!!! You both are absolutely beautiful.
I love Earth Day:) Where do you get the 5 cent discount at? I have a couple of these bags but didn't know that they did that. How cool! I imagine that the checkers will have to get nicer about it with more people using this method - Ha,Ha...
We get the 5% discount at Reams. I've heard that Walmart and Macey's offer it too, but I haven't tried there yet!
Mrs. go getter...I wish I was more like you, I also want to try and be more green.
Post a Comment