We started Thursday afternoon. While Buddy Boy was napping, we colored some hard boiled eggs.

After Buddy Boy woke up, he discovered the new colored "balls" and began rolling them around and lining them up. I figured there was no harm in that, until he decided he should throw them instead.
Saturday we went to the Taylorsville park Easter egg hunt. The eggs were all gone within the first 2 minutes, and so Munchkin didn't get one and was disappointed. Luckily, there were volunteers handing out handfuls of candy to those who didn't find anything. We then ventured over to the playground where the kids played and we climbed trees.


Immediately following the park, Dad took Munchkin to Lowe's to build her free birdhouse with their workshop they do, and I took Buddy Boy with me to my cousin's baby shower. Vicky, my cousin, was able to adopt a precious baby boy, after waiting and wanting it for so many years, so it was a beautiful event! I didn't get pictures of that, but here are some pictures of Munchkin at the workshop.


After that we did our own Easter egg hunt in the backyard. The kids enjoyed it so much that they kept going outside and re-hiding the eggs. Sunday morning the Easter bunny brought Easter baskets, and then we went to church for a wonderful meeting. I taught sharing time, it was my first time as the counselor, so I was nervous, but it went well. We got out of church at 4:00, headed over to my mom's for 5:00 dinner (which was delish, as always), and then headed home so I could take my dreaded math test!
Good weekend, all in all, I'd say.Frugal and fun packed.
6 comments:
Looks like lots of fun. you guys are such great parents.
Sounds fun. I still haven't dyed my eggs. The are cooked and waiting.
What a great idea for Akaila to go with dad to make a birdhouse! It looks like they made a great one. Thanks for your support in coming to the baby shower, it was really fun seeing you and Parker was amazing!
Looks like you had lots of fun.
How fun! I need to post ours too, you are so on top of it. And your ST was so great, sorry I tried to steal your thunder, I didn't mean to I promise, lol!
sounds like a terrific weekend to me!!!!
Post a Comment