Oh my, where to begin? How about on July 1st? Here are some of the "fun" things we dealt with:
July 1st - Dad was informed that his company was taking away his position and with it, $1.50 an hour of pay, oh and they were going to cut his bonuses in half. Which would result in $500 less a month NET.
July 1st, 2nd - Dad applies EVERYWHERE he can think of for a better job. One that is not small, family owned, and one with benefits that don't cost more than $500 monthly as well.
June-July - Mom begins having terrible stomach pains, enough to take her breath away and to prompt her to go to the doctor, even though now we REALLY can't afford it.
July 15th-ish - Buddy Boy decides he will NOT eat anything except for grapes, fries and chocolate chips...oh and his soy milk. Seriously, he eats NOTHING else, except at church where he eats bread.
July 17th - Mom has an ultrasound and is told she'll get results that night. Except they don't come...the doctor refuses to return phone calls, messages, etc for two weeks. Oh yeah, Munchkin cries all day because it turns out Mom is NOT pregnant:-)
July 24th - Dad goes to his company "party" to get his last bonus check, only they decide they're not going to give them out yet. They're gonna dangle it for him a little longer.
July 28th - Mom finally gets results. Gallstones, most likely gonna need surgery. Unfortunately, didn't get results before Dad was "in-between" jobs, so can't schedule a thing until we're insured again.
July 28th - The computer is fried after the power goes out and short circuits the entire thing.
July 29th - The appraiser guy who was supposed to call weeks ago doesn't until now, and so the refinance dude doesn't check employment until today, Dad's ONLY day of being unemployed. Doesn't look good to them!
July 30th - The digital camera decides if the computer goes, it's going too. I don't blame it...I want out too!:-)
There was a lot of blood, sweat and tears. However, we tried to make the best of it and still have some fun.
Family Home Evening Talent Show:
Mom and Munchkin belting out some show tunes.
Didn't know he could boogie, did ya? He's got some smooth moves.
Dad and Munchkin showing off some of their amazing acrobat talents.
Day in the Mountains:
Hanging with family:
Going to the park a lot!
Thank heavens for family,free fun and food storage, eh? I don't know how we would have survived without each other. And here's the good news...it's AUGUST!!! Yay!:-)
6 comments:
I am so sorry. I seriously wish we were friends back in Utah. We would make great friends. We could have watched eachothers kids while one of us was at the doctor. OR just to give eachother a break from the craziness.
Well I join the club of an aweful July~I hope August is so much better!!!! I am so glad that you found out what was wrong and that Clay does have a better job. I love ya! so call me to help once in a while will ya?
Evelyn,
Holy Cow, when it RAINS it POURS!!! I know it isn't much but Josh could use some help with our management company so I will call you to see if you guys are interested. Love ya!
WOWOWOWOWOWOW. you win. Here's to a great month!
Evelyn I can't believe your month. That sucks. Hay blog gall bladder flush. I wish I would of flushed instead of having surgery. good luck
Sorry about the horrible month. We've had times like that when I just want to hide and not deal with all the problems. We were never meant to be financially at ease I guess.....but so good that you have a positive attitude! I think it totally makes things better when you can just smile and choose to be happy anyway!
Post a Comment