Sunday, December 6, 2009

Birthday Month!

This is our family's month for birthdays! Munchkin is turning 7, and Buddy Boy turns 3...

SO, to celebrate, we'll be doing a combined party with family for both of them. That's probably horrible, but they're young enough to not care. I swear, I'll make it up to them when they're older.

Yesterday we had the fun of throwing a party with friends for Munchkin.

It was awesome! And y'all know how I'm a frugal nerd. I calculated our cost, and it was $16. The kids, fortunately, had a blast! Here's what went down:

-We started the kids off with a craft. They decorated foam paper with glitter glue and foam stickers, and we made picture frames out of them. While they were decorating, I took a picture of each of them, and later printed them up on our computer so they'd have a framed picture to take home. SO cute!


-After that, we did "carnival" games. A bean bag toss, balloon volleyball, and cotton ball blowing races. Dad oversaw that while I did pictures, but I heard they had fun. We then opened presents and did cupcakes and ice cream. We bought a bunch of toppings from Winco's bulk food section and had the kids decorate their own cupcakes. Most of them put so much crap on that they couldn't eat the cupcakes. One kid said, "If I eat this whole thing I'm gonna puke."


-Then we did a treasure hunt with clues hidden around the house. While the kids ran around, I snuck into my room and dressed up as a clown. Once the treasure hunt was over and the gold coins were found, I came out with my makeup and balloons. A GLORIOUS friend of mine GAVE me a clown costume and taught me how to make balloon animals, so it was fun. Big shocker, the boys all wanted swords, and the girls wanted puppies and kittens and stuff. Each kid went home with 3 or 4 balloons, it was so funny watching them try to haul all of their stuff home!

Anywho, it was awesome. The kids had a blast, and I feel very grateful that Munchkin has such good friends. Buddy Boy even enjoyed himself, and was sad to see everyone go. And get this: He actually SMILED at the camera when I took his picture! Yes, he did. Need proof?

Afterwards Dad and I tried to take naps, but alas, the children were coked (sp?) up on sugar and yellow dye #2. We went to Wienerschnitzel for dinner too, just because it was a special day! We've never gone there (well, not since getting married), so it was fun!

There. I updated. Told you I would.:-)

4 comments:

mae said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday Munchkin and (soon) Buddy Boy!!! Looks like the party was a blast! Nice work!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Kiddos!!! WOW you have been one busy lady!!!!

kam said...

Happy Birthday kids!!! And way to throw an AWESOME party...for next to nothing.

zeebee said...

What an AWESOME PARTY!! Sorry we were lame and not a part of it. But the real question is...
have you been practicing your balloon work? I have some festivals coming up in the summer that you might want to be a part of...let's talk!