I hear people say that they don't like reading "fake" blogs; they're so peppy it's cheesy. I also hear people say that they don't like reading "real" blogs because they are always so down and a bummer to read.
So...I don't know. I know I don't want to have a "fake" blog, but I don't want to be a downer either. The truth is, I don't blog a ton about the crummy stuff that goes on, but my life is FAR from perfect.
I posted on Facebook how much I missed my boy when he started school, but I didn't mention how the next week I was counting down the days until he was healthy and could go BACK to school. I haven't ever mentioned on here that Buddy Boy has a meltdown EVERY SINGLE day, and that every other day I cry myself to sleep not knowing how to deal with some of his issues. I don't post about our financial struggles, and how UNfun being frugal is! I don't relive the days that Munchkin has an attitude with me or about the times that I struggle with my testimony. Why is that? Am I a fraud/fake?
(photo credit)I'm thinking that this blog has two purposes: 1, to keep in touch with family and friends; 2, to be a "journal" of types for my family to remember things by. I want to remember the bad ONLY if I am able to see the good that is also there. I don't want to look back on my life and see only negative. Sure, negative exists, and I don't want to deny that, but I want to remember how I overcame negativity, triumphed over challenges, etc. Sooo...I'm gonna try harder to keep this blog "real", but the spotlight will be more on the positive.
Speaking of real, did y'all know I gained a bunch of weight after having my gall bladder out? (if you've seen me, you know) There. That's real. So I'm trying REAL hard to count my calories and lose the weight, and I worked out today. (spotlight on positive:-))
6 comments:
You are so great! I never know what to blog about either, if I am negative than people think that I hate my life...ect...which I definately don't but sometime you do need to vent..right??
I personally think the blog is written for you and not for other people. Who cares if they don't like what you write. It's my journal and I write about what I think and about what happens. I don't want to focus on the bad things in my life all the time because I don't think it's healthy to do that. So my blog tends to be more focused on positive but I think it's great to put some of the negative things also because that's how you feel sometimes! Love ya, and I hope you're feeling better.
Evelyn. when you look back on when your kids are little when you are my age you only remember the good times and the things that made you stronger. I can't see spending a lot of time dweeling on the tough times because everyone has them in one since or the other. I know it seems like you have all the areas covered but that has got to mean that the Lord loves you just a little extra and you are proving that you are what he thinks you are. Wonderful! Just do one day at a time. It turns into 32 1/2 really fast. Trust me!
I actually posted a blog very similar to this back in Aug. I find it helps me to get out my negative feelings if I blog about them so I can gain perspective. I can see the positive when I've let go of the negative, so I end up blogging about both in almost equal numbers. I say, just blog what you want to blog when you want to. It's your blog, do what you'd like =)
Also, as for your little boy, it gets better, I promise! Beauty used to have a meltdown every day and I used to cry all the time, but somehow, I barely remember those days anymore. She's gotten much better with time, and I'm sure Buddy will too.
I think it is great to write about every area of your life. Exspecially if this is your jornal. You need to remember and be able to reflect on the hard times and exspecially let your children be able to read back and know that your life wasn't easy but that you can over come anything. I love you are down to earth and have a real life with real feelings. We all stumble and fall!! I don't knowif you read my facebook but I'll repeat it again!!!
President Wilford Woodruff. “No matter what trials or tribulations we may be called to go through, the hand of God will be with us and sustain us.”
Love you and hope that all is well. And please write about your real life so you have it written down for others to read...mostly your children...and so on!!!
Hey I need your email!!!
Post a Comment