Sunday, August 28, 2011

More Munchkin-isms


I may have the cutest girl in the world...I really might.  She's certainly among the silliest.  Here are some of her quotes from the summer:

One day I was lying in bed sick (shocker, right?).  She came in and asked what was wrong.  I told her I was sick and she got really worried.  She felt my forehead and said, "You don't have a fever.  Oh no!  What if you're getting the Weasles??"


In July we drove by a Texas Roadhouse.  Munchkin mentioned that she'd gotten a coupon from school for a place like that...but couldn't remember the name of the place.  I gave her some ideas:  "Spaghetti Factory?  Outback Steakhouse?"  She replied, "No, it was, um, let me think.  It was Obama-Rama, that's right!"  I nearly wrecked the car I was laughing so hard.  When we were safely parked, I asked if she had meant "ChuckaRama.  Yes, yes she had.

During my gluten binge (which a whole other story in itself), we went to Arctic Circle and I got some halibut.  I explained to Munchkin that it was fish.  As we were eating and enjoying our meal, she very politely tried stirring up some conversation:  "So Mom, how are you enjoying your Malibut?"

You know, given my own history with word mix-ups, I'm hardly able to judge.  Some of you may remember my Fahu Tahi song from The Grinch. 

At least we know where she got it from.

For past Munchkin-isms, go here!


3 comments:

Ang said...

haha! What a cutie!

Natalia said...

OMGosh, so cute! I love her =)

nM said...

Fahu Tahi is still one of my all time favorites.