Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer's Ending - And We're Crying

This summer has been so boring for the poor kids - or probably mostly for poor Clay.  In years past we've gone on a hike a week, played at playgrounds and other stuff multiple times a week, and just spent a lot of time outdoors.  

This year the kids have decided they are DONE with the hikes, ha ha.  Works out for me since I can't do it anyway, but Clay's about losing his mind with envy when he hears about his friends' outdoor adventures.  

And yet, I'm still completely and utterly depressed that school is starting again.  Why?  Because I have to go back to work, of course!  I used to look forward to school time, but that was before I worked at a school.  I suppose it serves me right, that one year of me being unsympathetic to the kids as they began their time of learning.  

We did have a FEW outdoor adventures, though:


 Zion National Park, 




 Soccer clinics and birthday parties.

Buddy Boy went horseback riding this year, Munchkin started gymnastics (not pictured cause we can't take pictures while they're practicing - bummer), we caught a bunny in our backyard (as did our neighbor!), the kids enjoyed sampling chocolate during the chocolate factory tour, and we had fun trying out new pinterest ideas (the noodles on the trampoline springs fall off a lot.  Put these on when you're first setting up the trampoline so you don't have to slice it down the middle).




 We also went to the Enchanted Fairy Forest for the first time.  We'll definitely be making a trip back there again next summer!  The kids loved it. 

I guess it's also good for us to get back into a routine, eh?  It'll be good to be organized again!



No comments: