
As a family, we wanted some ideas to grow closer and have more fun. Who doesn't want more precious moments with the family, and the ones they love, right?
I got this great idea from a friend at church for family goals...using a time capsule. After hearing about it, we decided we would do it for family home evening on New Year's Eve, and make it a tradition. I, of course, am not creative enough to actually make and bury a capsule, so we have our "goal jar" instead. These are fun family goals, none of the yucky stuff, like losing weight or something (I have that goal in my "personal jar" lol).
So anyway, we filled our jar with many goals for the year. Next year for a family home evening, we'll look in our jar and read all the goals, see what we accomplished, and make new goals for the next year, etc. I can't remember all of our goals, but here are a few:
-Dad - Replace the window ledges with better, softer, safer ones. Our current ones are tile that has been broken in spots, and is just begging someone to split their lip or something on them.
-Mom - Take a lifelong learning class this year. I love those things!
-Family - Buy more LED Christmas lights and have a cooler and funner plan for next year.
-Munchkin - Go to the Bear Lake beach. We're SO grateful that Bear Lake is good enough for her!
-Buddy Boy - Jump on the trampoline lol. Okay, we came up with this for him. We think he'll love it.
-Dad - Capture more memories, take more pictures, and organize those pictures.
-Mom - Buy garbage cans with lids. I know, I know...
-Family - Buy a TV. We're looking for one kinda like the one we got my mom for Christmas (LCD)since it's so much more energy efficient than the bigger ones.
-Munchkin - Build a snowman. We accomplished this one, as you can see from previous posts.
I know there's more, but offhand I can't think of them. So...now it's your turn! What are some fun family goals YOU have???:-)
2 comments:
what a great idea you guys!!! They sound not only attainable...but FUN! (well most of them anyway ;).
I think I may just adopt this idea. Thanks for the fun post! ;)
-TRACI
Post a Comment