Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Burns


Today about 4 hours ago, I was cooking bacon. While transferring the bacon to a plate, I lost my balance and fell, dumping a plate full of hot bacon grease right on Buddy Boy's head. He was screaming, I was screaming, and Munchkin was screaming. I thought it had gotten into his eye, but thank goodness it didn't. It went all the way down his forehead and onto his eyebrow and cheek, but somehow missed the eye. Anyway, once I'd soaked his poor little head and face with a wet rag, I got him calmed down a bit. Once he was calm I put a couple of drops of Melaleuca oil on his face. I KID YOU NOT, I can't even see the burn anymore!!! He's been a happy baby ever since!

I'm NOT mentioning this to sell Melaleuca to anyone. I'm not even a distributor anymore. I wanted to share the story for two reasons:

1. Melaleuca oil is a MUST have in my house. If you know a distributor, you might want to look into getting some for your house. It stinks like heck, but I've never seen anything like this...it was worth it.

2. I'm convinced that my children are being watched over, despite my stupid (STUPID STUPID) mistakes. What a relief to know that Dad and I are not the only ones who worry about their well being. To have grandparents, friends, and most importantly, a Savior and a Heavenly Father that are all watching out for them as well means more than the world.


The things that happen to children...it's a wonder any of us survived childhood!

5 comments:

mae said...

There is no question in my mind that Heavenly Father looks out for His children. I have also witnessed His hand in the protection of my children...

I am so glad he is okay!

Jennie said...

Sorry that happened. It sounds like crazy things happen to you too. I am so happy he is okay.

kam said...

oh my goodness!! I am so glad he is ok! Believe me....ALL parents have done SOMETHING like that- accidents happen. Luckily kids are resilient and the Lord truly does watch over them!

Anonymous said...

Evelyn! What an awful accident! Thank goodness Parker is OK. I whole-heartedly agree with you--the Lord certainly watches over his little ones, just as he does with us. Each night I pray for many things, but like clockwork, I pray for guidance to recognize if Myleigh is ever in danger and for the spiritual insight to know what to do. Heavenly Father was sure blessing you both! Thanks for sharing your story...

zeebee said...

I my goodness! I can't believe that happened, wow, I am so glad that Parker is okay. And don't worry, we all have done stuff like that on accident!