Saturday, May 17, 2008

Southern Cali

Everyone probably knows by now that Dad won a $1400 trip to anywhere, and we chose to go to Southern California. It was awesome to have such a good time, and to have it all paid for!
So our trip (as you can see below) was a lot of fun, and a very busy one! I have been contemplating all week how I would summarize it, and when I would find the time to write about it all, and finally decided to keep it simple. There were so many highlights, so I'll share those (and only those:-)):

- Seaworld was awesome. We saw the Dolphin show, the Shamu show, the Elmo 4D movie, and the Sea Lion/Otter show (which was hilarious). We rode all the available rides, and did the water roller coaster and other water ride at least a dozen times each. Munchkin loves that kind of stuff!


-San Diego Temple was AMAZING. We've seen pictures and had decided it was one of our favorites already, but to see it up close! Oh my heavens, it was awesome. In the big picture with Dad and the kids and the temple in the background, you can see that they're standing on the grass inside a ring of flowers. We just walked into that ring, and the amazing beautiful smell of fragrant flowers overwhelmed me! The kids loved smelling them all up close! It was so peaceful and so wonderful, I wanted to go back after dark and take more pictures, but by this time we were just about out of disk space. This was a wonderful thing to do on Mother's Day:-)




-Seeing family was another highlight. We were able to visit with a lot of family including Mae, Nate and their kids, Michelle and Reggie, and Big Mama and family. It was so much fun! It gets me back on the geneology bandwagon, you know? Big Mama will be 97 this year, and she has STORIES....so many amazing stories and memories. I wished I could sit her down and interview her, question after question. We also were dared to try some of the pig tongue cooking. The adults all bravely consented, but Munchkin didn't try to hide her disgust and let me know she would NOT be partaking lol.



We slept over Friday night at Mae and Nates, and Dad enjoyed watching the Jazz game with Nate. Buddy Boy thought cousin Asher was something else, and wanted to follow him around everywhere (as long as Mom was close by). Munchkin had a blast with Raevyn, Rylan and Ethan, especially playing ball and swinging.


The next day we went to Big Mama's, and after that we went to Reggie and Michelle's place. From there we walked over to a park and let the kids get all their energy out. It was so nice! We also ate from Reggie and MIchelle's favorite place, and it was delish!

-We did a Breakfast with Elmo and Friends at Seaworld that was awesome!! The characters were so interactive with the kids and made it a magical experience. The food was really good too.




We also did San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal park, but they aren't highlights cause the kids got bored pretty quick. Although we did enjoy playing with the goats and trying to keep them from eating my pants.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

I love Sea World. I can't wait to go back. Glad you were able to see family. It is hard living far away from them.

Ang said...

I didn't know Clay won the trip! Wow! That makes it even more fun since you don't have to think about every little penny you are spending- especially when gas is SOOOO darn high!

Carissa J said...

Wow, I didn't know Sea World had rides!! I guess it's been a while since I've been there. Sounds like you had a fun trip.

kam said...

What fun for the family!!! I am so glad you guys had a financially STRESS FREE trip- can't beat that! Looks like you had a fabulous time-and that just serves you right ;) ;)

zeebee said...

My those seats look an an aweful familiar, did you fly jetblue? It sounds like such a fun time and I love the part about it being paid for! What a blessing to get closer to long lost family too.

This is Us! said...

Yep, they're jet blue. They were the most affordable I found, and I loved it! I'm ready to apply for a job there just so I can fly them more!

Francine said...

Evelyn! I'm so glad you left a comment. That's funny we both just posted our trips to Southern California. Do you still have your ebay store? I tried to check it out but I couldn't find it. Good to hear from you!