Monday Monday went in for an MRI. He couldn't eat anything after 10:00 the night before since he had to be sedated. He actually did pretty well....AND I insisted that they get the IV in with just one poke, which they did:-) They took 12 cc's of blood before they sedated him, which wasn't fun, but they are running so many tests to try and figure out his possible seizure and Bell's Palsy, so they needed a lot of blood. The MRI and tests didn't show anything, so we'll be going in for more tests again in September.

Tuesday Dad and I built some more food storage shelves since the first one turned out so well. So now we've got three, and we're starting to fill them up!
Wednesday DDI came to set up some goals with me for Buddy Boy and our family. The goal is to have Buddy speaking or signing 10 words by the next 6 months. (right now he's signing "more", waving "hello", and shaking his head no.) Another goal is that he will understand 10 words, phrases, or commands. (currently he understands "give it to me" and "here you go".) The last goal is that we as a family get Buddy out once a week where he'll have to socialize with others, whether in nursery, play groups, or whatever.
Thursday was a DDI/Early Head Start Carnival. Free snowcones, games, clowns, balloons, magic show, prizes, the works! Munchkin had more fun than Buddy Boy, but Buddy Boy had a good time playing in the bounce house with me and eating my snow cone. Munchkin got her face painted and enjoyed having a part in the magic show.


Friday some neighbors "kidnapped" our kids and brought us dinner, a movie, and a candle so that Dad and I could have some alone time. It was so thoughtful of them! However, Dad and I spent the whole time missing the kids. We watched the movie as quickly as possible so we could get our kids back. They seemed to have had a good time at the neighbors' place!

Saturday was our stake neighborhood social. More free food (full blown dinners), popcorn, candy, snowcones, etc. More games with candy prizes for the kids, a bounce house, live entertainment, and a big huge blow up slide.

The slide was the hit with our family. Akaila went down it 4 times, I went with her and Parker 3 times, and Clay went once.



Akaila got her face painted again, and got another animal balloon like she and Parker had gotten on Thursday.

Good times!!
6 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy and the kids have had a lot of fun. Good Luck on all the testing. I will pray for you. Love you lots
That slide looks like so much fun! I hope everything turns out okay with Parker's tests.
These pictures are great! It looks like an action-packed weekend! Fun!
You always look like you are having fun. That is so great. Good luck with the tests. I will keep you in my prayers.
wow, you've been busy! It looks like you've had a lot of fun though!
What a fun week, except for the Parker tests. I am glad that you are working with DDI! I hope it is a positive experience and that you are able to complete all of your goals. We missed you today, I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment