Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back 2 School

So Munchkin's big day FINALLY came! While (seemingly) everyone else was starting school, Munchkin was fuming at home about how "mean" her school was for not allowing her to start with everyone else! However, the big moment did finally arrive...



...only to end in disappointment! You see, she doesn't know anyone in her class, but she does know 2 kids from the other class. (y'all remember her boyfriend, I'm sure) She got to see the kids she knew for "ONLY 15 minutes!!!" (at recess) In fact, "recess was WAY too short, and the teacher didn't call on her to be a helper, AND she only gave Munchkin one snack, not 3!!! Oh, and don't forget, they made me drink WATER too!"

Luckily, she later decided she would give school one more chance, and had a fantastic second day. She said she "got a sticker for being good in the hall, and recess was longer this time, and I made a new friend and we're gonna have a sleepover, and we finally did some learning." So, it's all good, thankfully!! And she looks gorgeous in her new school clothes, as you can plainly see. (Thanks again for those, Grandma Woods!!!)


Meanwhile, Buddy was enjoying one on one time with Mom, but did decide he wanted some alone time reading the paper and watching TV from the top of the couch. I took advantage of this and did some pilates for the first time in like a year or something.

6 comments:

Stephen Elison said...

So cute! What grade is she in? I wish my older one was as excited as her for school!

This is Us! said...

She just started kindergarten! I guess I forgot to mention that:-)

kam said...

OH your babies are getting so BIG!!! How fun for Akaila. How fun for Parker to have some one on one time with you too!!

Findlay Family said...

That is sooo funny...so has she found a new boyfriend yet??

This is Us! said...

She just told me today that she just loves Isaac so much, so I guess her preschool crush is continuing on! There is another boy who has a crush on her, and tells his mom that she is his girlfriend. Oy......

zeebee said...

Oh my that is the funniest story ever! That is totally how Jasmine is going to be. I'm glad she was willing to give school another shot.