Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Great Outdoors




Akaila and I had our yearly camp out.   It started with Mom making a delicious chicken and rice dinner, with fruit from our garden, Parker and Akaila swam in the backyard swimming pool, we then jumped on the trampoline.  Akaila has been itchen for some one on one attention, and has always wanted to sleep on the trampoline.   She then came up with a great idea to have the tent on the trampoline.  We read books until we fell asleep.    Last year we had the portable dvd player (it is now broken).  Books were much more fun anyway.  The next day Akaila said she has never been on a hike.  So I was racking my brain where to go on a fun small hike that was close by, and came up with Ensign Peak.  If anyone knows of any other, please feel free to let me know.  Akaila was amazing!  She had no problems with the hike.  I was nervous with Parker, he was a little trooper.  Half way through the hike I thought I better carry him.  But of course the most fun the kids had was at the park after the hike. 

4 comments:

Natalia said...

Looks like you all had a blast! It's so good to do activities together; keep it up!

MR.Joseph said...

Evelyn! Guess what? I just barely learned in school what a blog is and how it works... I am a little behind on the times. Anyhow, thought I would comment when I saw your little post. Hope you are well.

Reed and Rochelle said...

You are so creative. It looks like you had a blast. If you want an anventure come to Logan and stay the week-end with us.
We'll treat you to a good time. Love you

Ang said...

That's a tough hike for little people - good job! Glad you're enjoying summer!