The airPORT and rental car was another story. The little pill screamed at the airport (didn't want to get off the plane, I guess) and kept hitting Munchkin in the car. He's never really been a hitter until just recently. I wonder if he's learning it at school or something....
We didn't even wait to check in at the hotel; we just went straight to Disneyland to play. It was crowded (hello, UEA!) and so thank heavens we had the "skip the line" passes. Kids with Autism and other disabilities can get these passes so that they don't have to wait in line and freak out. Those passes were a life saver, and kept us out of long lines!
This picture is Munchkin just before going on the California Screamin'. Yeah, you know the huge roller coaster at California Adventure....
She loved it so much that I went on it with her at least 8 times, and Clay went with her too.
We didn't want to wait in line to meet characters, but these two fella's were just coming out as we were going by. Buddy Boy gave Pooh a hug, and it melted my heart. Unfortunately I didn't get the camera there in time. He kept saying "Bye Pooh" the entire rest of the day. Tigger goofed around with Munchkin and spun her around until she got dizzy, and it made her day!
The beach was insane. Not a person there other than us. That's what happens when you go and Cali is colder than Utah. The waves were huge, and the kids had so much fun playing!
It was so cold, so after the beach the kids warmed up in the hot tub...
And of course we had to play at the hotel a lot too:
And Clay got the photo shoot he's been dreaming of....Buddy Boy only though. Munchkin was sick of posing for pictures!
So that's the gist of the trip. I'm sure we'll post some videos that we took and other stuff later on. Now we're home and enjoying Utah's warmer than California weather! Also, we are glad to be out of the humidity. I have a few pics of my hair's reaction to the humid air, and they ain't pretty!

3 comments:
Besides a few bumps, it looks like it turned out really well! So happy you all had a good time!
I'm glad you had a good time! We went in March and got one of those passes because of Courtney and they are a LIFE SAVER! I'm so glad that Disney is so great about helping out families that have children with special needs!
Looks like it was a success! SO glad you got to go!
Post a Comment