Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sneaky Little Dude

So...Buddy Boy is on a reward system.  It's one his therapists and teachers created.  Designed to help him to not only recognize his emotions, but also to choose positive emotions, it's a cute sticker chart with smiley-face stickers.  When he has made an effort to be happy, he earns a sticker.  When he's earned three stickers he gets a treat.  His school does it every 30 minutes.  They ask him 'How are you feeling, Buddy?', and he usually replies 'calm and happy!'.  If he is indeed, calm and happy, he gets the sticker. 

I am not so good at doing it every half hour, and he has noticed.  The other day he had earned three stickers and gotten a treat.  I then put the treats away out of his reach.  Unfortunately, I have a sneaky boy.  He made a discovery.

Silly kid, for whatever reason, didn't dare just put the stool on the floor...he's convinced the only way to reach his treats is to put the stool INSIDE the bin.  I didn't discover his discovery until he'd eaten half a dozen Hershey's kisses!

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Hahaha!!! That's so hilarious and cute! Very smart boy =)