Friday, October 21, 2011

The Last Few Weeks

I hate that I can't seem to keep up on this blog. I'm gonna do it again...give some quick run downs from the last few weeks:

  • At work I've been "assigned" to work with a student who moved from Mexico just a week or so ago.  He doesn't speak a word of English, and I just happen to not speak a word of Spanish, so it's been interesting.  I REALLY like working with him though!  It's fun to work one on one with the students...something I didn't know I would like, but have found that I LOVE.



  • Clay has been working his butt off trying to not take a day off work for the rest of the year.  If he doesn't, he'll get a free phone from Verizon....and of course, there's a new phone coming out, so he's hoping!  He's been sick though and had to come home early last night, but he's planning to make up the 4 hours so he'll still be on track.  The things that motivate us!


  • Buddy Boy has had his FIRST THREE successes going POOP in the toilet!!  It's definitely not consistent, but it's something.  He's very excited when he has a success and he yells to the world (seriously, outside while other adults stare, chuckle, and yes, even glare), "MOM, I went POOP in the TOILET!!!"


  • Munchkin got her first "report card"/progress report from school, and her overall grade is 98%.  We're so proud of her!  She got 100% in all areas except reading comprehension, and she got 97% in that, so we're thrilled with how well she's doing.


  • I did a 2-hour filming project with the church a couple of weeks back...it was a segment for the Mormon Messages.  It was a lot of fun, but I learned something about myself: I'm a terrible actor when it comes to lovey dovey scenes. :-)


  • Our family received an Ipad2 from a friend!!!  This gal, our Autism Angel, wanted Buddy Boy to have another tool to help him, and because she's had so much success with her child, she knew it would bless Buddy Boy as well.  I bawled for a full day!  We are still in shock over the generosity and love of this Angel, and it's awesome to see how loved that Ipad is, and how much use we're already getting from it.


  • Our ward did the Primary Presentation, and both kids did a great job.  It still amazes me to think that last year it was a miracle that Buddy Boy could even talk, and now he's rattling off primary parts without hesitation.  I can't believe how far he's come.  My verbal baby!!


  • Munchkin has been very hard at work on her Craft Blog. She's done probably a dozen or so crafts, but we got behind on posting them.  We'll be working hard to catch up before Halloween!

Until next time,

1 comment:

Natalia said...

SO NICE about the potty success! I only wish my girl would at least pee in the toilet; Good Job Buddy Boy! Congratulations on the iPad! Take some pictures of him using it; I'm sure he uses it with a big smile on his face!

So happy things are going well for you guys! Love ya all!