Monday, April 22, 2013

United States of Autism Premiere

The documentary, The United States of Autism, has been premiering all over the nation, and has received great reviews all over as well.  How awesome that we've had a chance to be a part of it!!

The first night it premiered was at the beginning of April in NYC.  The theater sold out!

It came to our area last Thursday, April 18, and it was so fun to get to see it.







 /*






Our family's sweet friend Margie took the above pictures for us.  She also bought tickets to support us.  She promoted the event like crazy to help as well.  Oh yeah, and she's the ENTIRE reason we were even given the opportunity to be in the film.  She was the one who told me about the applications being accepted for families.  So you know, we pretty much owe all of this to her.  Thank you Margie!!! :-)


Here she is posing with us.  

I feel like I owe thanks to so many, and I'm not sure the best way to do it.  I am planning to send personal thank-you notes, but there were so many who were supportive who I don't personally know and cannot properly thank.  So...I'll say THANK YOU here.  Thank you for supporting our family on this special night; THANK YOU for supporting The Tommy Foundation and those who were involved in making the film.  THANK YOU for caring about autism and about the amazing, wonderful individuals all around us who deal with autism on a daily basis.

I've had a lot of people ask...YES, the film will be out on DVD/Blu Ray in the fall.  Can't wait!! 



2 comments:

Catch My Words said...

Wow! Sounds like I've landed on the sight of a family of movie stars.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/04/atoz-u-urban-dictionary.html

Faythe said...

Sounds like an excellent film to bring to light and inform more people about Autism. Congrats on officially being "movie stars!" Faythe @GMT~