Sunday, July 29, 2007

Freezer Cooking

Well, the last 3 days have been a little crazy. (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) I decided to take on a full one-day project, and divide it into 3 part-day projects. I made almost a months' worth of freezer meals. It ended up being really fun, cause Akaila helped and we had a blast being homemaking girls. Parker was really helpful too, being good and laughing at us as we made messes in the kitchen.
We now have the following meals in our freezer:
-2 Mexican chicken & rice casseroles
-5 lbs cooked, shredded chicken for burritos, soup, pasta, etc
-2 lbs cooked taco meat
-5 baked potato soup dinners
-4 dozen chicken nuggets
-10 homemade hot pockets
-12 pork tamales (okay, I didn't make these...the neighbors came by selling them, and we froze them)
-8 breakfast biscuits
-7 rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough (each roll will make about a dozen cookies)
-6 Italian Parmesan chicken breasts
-2 dozen homemade tortillas

The cookie dough was the funnest to make....and eat.

As a reward, on Saturday, we took a trip to the thrift store and bought Akaila a ton of new school clothes. It was so fun! We picked up a toy for Parker as well. I don't know what happened, but we were being so girly. We stopped at McDonald's for lunch and Akaila said "You have beautiful eyes" to the 17 year old guy there. I started giggling and he rolled his eyes at us. It was a total blast. I feel like I'm hangin with my school friend! I wish I could go to school with her now.
Evelyn

5 comments:

mae said...

WOW! That is impressive! Can I come over for dinner? haha!

RaeLynn said...

mae took the words right off my finger tips. WOW. You are a frozen dinner making machine!! Way to go!!

kam said...

Way to go girl! I tried the frozen dinner thing back when we lived in WVC with 1 child...can't imagine taking on the task with 2....you are AMAZING (and maybe a little insane) ;) ;)

This is Us! said...

Amazing? I don't know....Crazy? Never a doubt, YES! :-)

Anonymous said...

I concur--attempting a huge cooking project with two little ones-- very impressive.